Save the date: August 13, 2016
Saturday, August 13, 10am-5pm
Hermann Sons Hall
860 Western Ave.
A Gathering of Chiefs
with Geoffery StandingBear, John Redeagle, Scott Bighorse, & Jim Gray
• Introductions/ Morning Coffee & Snacks
• Elected Osage Nation Official Introductions
• Traditional Osage Cooking: a Brief Talk with Alice Buffalohead
• Gathering of the Chiefs: a Historical Perspective
• Lunch featuring Fry Bread & Corn Soup prepared by Alice Buffalohead
• Braiding the Sacred: Gatherings of Corn and People of the Americas, Keir Johnson
• Gathering of Chiefs: Envisioning the Future of the Osage Nation
• Raffle throughout the day (please bring any gently used or new items)
Hotel Accommodations & Nearby Camping:
Sheraton Sonoma County, San Francisco North/ Petaluma KOA, Best Western Hotel, Quality Inn, Petaluma Metro Hotel, and Hotel Petaluma. There is also a Motel 6 & an America’s Best Value. Other towns nearby: Novato, Rohnert Park, & Santa Rosa.
Oakland is easier to fly into than San Francisco; the closest airport is the Charles M. Schulz – Sonoma County Airport in Santa Rosa (although not all airlines fly in to Sonoma).