More info about our Fall gathering
Lake Temescal Park
6500 Broadway, Oakland
Oct. 20, 2012
Parking: free just outside park or $5 in parking lot
(more location info at: http://www.ebparks.org/parks/temescal).
Come meet your fellow Osages; all are welcome. Some traditional Osage dishes will be provided, and bring a potluck dish to share. Possible suggestions by last name (but bring what you’re comfortable sharing, traditional Osage dishes highly honored): A-E salads/breads; F-K main course; L-P desserts; Q-Z drinks/chips/snacks.
We encourage people to bring their own utensils if possible.
Here is a list of presenters and activities we have lined up:
- Charles Pratt of Hominy Oklahoma on Beginning Osage, Child Naming Rites, and Family Kinship Terms
- Native American Artist & Craftsman Don Price on moccasin making
- Beginning Osage Drum/Singing with Charles Maker and Duane BigEagle
- Osage Seed Preservation Project Report with Keir Johnson
- Bay Area Native American Health Center News with Marca Cassity
- Indian Dice demonstration/ games will be available in small groups at breaks
If you didn’t pay annual dues in the Spring then they’re due now. You can pay by sending a check payable to NCO in the amount of $35/Family or $25/Individual to Karen Elliott, our NCO Treasurer or you can pay at the Fall gathering.
CHECK PAYABLE TO “NCO”
82 Jess Avenue
Petaluma, CA 94952